Instructor: Isabel Arias Santos
On April 19th, the Province announced that restrictions will be entended until May 24th at 11:59 pm. Among the restrictions is that Indoor Low Intensity Group Exercise (including yoga) is prohibited. For more information: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions
Consequently, the start of the Spring session of yoga is cancelled.
Somatic yoga is a ground breaking way to release chronic muscle contraction that creates your pain. You can feel free of pain with somatic movements that are slow, gentle, but effective. Such movements re-educate the brain so that it can relax and move your muscles more functionally. Through somatic yoga, you will improve range of motion, flexibility, and posture. The magic of Somatic is the slowness of the movements. It is a body-mind integration that will help you relax and develop an increasingly positive attitude!!!. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN YOGA MAT.
Wednesdays, April 21 – June 23 CANCELLED
6:45pm- 7:45pm (Note Time change)
COVID-19 Policy for FGCA Fitness and Wellness Programs
- DO NOT come to class if you feel unwell or have any of the following symptoms: fever, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of smell or taste, chills, unexplained or unusual headache, unexplained fatigue/malaise
- Please wear a mask before and after class
- Please contact us at the end of the session if you have missed 2 or more classes due to illness and we will process a refund or credit towards future classes
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the class start time and wait outside for the teacher to open the facility
- Bring personal items into the Garry Oak Room and refrain from using the foyer
- Participants will enter at the front doors and exit at the back door of the Garry Oak Room
- Please exit the building when the class ends to allow the instructor time to prepare space for next user
- Please arrive already dressed appropriately for the class, do not use the washrooms as change rooms
- Please bring your own water
- Please practice good hand washing hygiene
- Please practice physical distancing (2m).