The Streetlife Committee was formed after the legendary blizzard of ’96,when work and traffic ground to a halt, and folks got to know their neighbours. Streetlife encourages, supports and oversees neighbourhood-driven initiatives. Volunteers are needed for hosting community engagement activities throughout the year. Bring your ideas and energy to the monthly working groups and help build a better Fairfield Gonzales!
Purpose: The StreetLife Committee fosters and supports the development and implementation of street, neighbourhood, and community-wide activities and initiatives that reflect the Association’s values and objectives.
Objectives: Build and strengthen Community through participatory, collaborative, and inclusive practices to bring about safe, sustainable, lively and resilient neighbourhoods.
Some Activities the StreetLife Committee is involved in:
- Community-Wide Yard Sale/Donation/Recycle event the 4th Saturday of May
- Emergency Preparedness – informing neighbours of dangers and assets in our community
- Resilient Streets Initiative – engaging our community to learn from and support each other and create initiatives and events to enhance community cohesiveness
Potential Future Activities:
- Block Watch – expanding the reach and effectiveness of this program
- Renters’ Forum – expanding on this initiative to provide a voice for renters
Contact us for details about how to get involved!