Information for Developers
COVID 19 UPDATED PROCESS
In addition to more traditional questions about developments, applicants should be prepared to discuss how their proposal addresses the climate emergency, and the goals and targets in the City of Victoria’s Climate Leadership Plan.
- For buildings where parking is provided, is electric vehicle (EV) charging provided, or is it at least EV-ready?
- Is there convenient, secure bike parking provided?
- What is the Walk Score, Transit Score and Cycle Score for the building?
- Is the building well-insulated and energy efficient?
- Is the heating and cooling system an electric heat pump?
- Does the building have a convenient place for separate waste, recycling and compost disposal and collection?
- (For larger buildings) Have you considered providing a shared vehicle – e.g. Modo – in order to reduce the need for motor vehicle parking?
The CALUC is still the first place to connect with the community, and a preliminary meeting with the CALUC is required to get the development application started. After that meeting, the applicant can choose to have a virtual community meeting that the CALUC will facilitate in addition to having the new online process.
To get in touch with the CALUC, please email email@example.com.