Book Club has come to a close. Thank you to our volunteers who facilitated meetings, and all our readers for supporting it! We will be gifting our collection of books throughout the community’s little libraries. If you’d like to help spread them out, please reach out!
Contact: email@example.com for information.
What kind of books did we read?
- NEW for 2019-2020, as of July 29, 2019: Speaks—whether through fiction, science fiction or non-fiction—to a critical global issue that is affecting us now as Canadians. Provided the book meets this criterion, it may be by an author from any country.
- Contributes to (deepens and expands) our cultural understanding of this country: First Nations and Metis experiences, the diaspora from many countries, other immigrants and their descendants, other often-marginalized voices in our country
- Principally, though not solely, works of fiction written by a Canadian author
- Global issues
- Rooted in social history, preferentially, meaning works richly based on an author’s lived experience (e.g. works by First Nations or Metis authors vs. books about FN or Metis culture—also without intention to read only books that are by FN and/or Metis authors)
- Ability to access the book through multiple media (e.g., paper, eBook, audio book) and at various price points (e.g., library copies, used, paperback, hardcover)
Book Club Book List