Instructor: Lauren Cox
Iyengar Yoga – Beginner Friendly
Please join this beginner friendly Iyengar yoga class to learn the basics. Iyengar yoga is a practical philosophy and system of postures, promoting physical and mental wellbeing. It is an effective antidote to the stresses of modern life and encourages a fit & supple body. Not only does yoga tone the body and improve posture and alignment, but will stimulate the circulation, develop powers of concentration, and help with breathing. In turn, this will help control tension & calm the mind. Due to Covid, we ask that all participants bring their own mat, straps, and 2 towels or 2 blankets. Limited loaners.
Sep 17 – Nov 19
Iyengar Yoga Support & Restore
Join us for an hour of gentle yoga in the Iyengar method. A practice to support and restore. Due to Covid, we ask that all participants bring their own mat, straps, and 2 towels or 2 blankets. Limited loaners.
Thursdays, 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Set 17 – Nov19
Iyengar Yoga All Levels
The Iyengar approach to Hatha Yoga encourages a balance between flexibility, strength and endurance. Emphasizing correct body alignment and precision; enjoy a sense of well being and increased relaxation. Due to Covid, we ask that all participants bring their own mat, straps, and 2 towels or 2 blankets. Limited loaners.
Tuesdays, 11:00am – 12:30pm
Sep 15 – Nov 17 10/$120
Tuesdays, 5:45pm – 7:15pm
Sep 15 – Nov 17
COVID-19 Policy for FGCA Fitness and Wellness Programs
- DO NOT come to class if you feel unwell or have any of the following symptoms: fever, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of smell or taste, chills, unexplained or unusual headache, unexplained fatigue/malaise
- Please contact us at the end of the session if you have missed 2 or more classes due to illness and we will process a refund or credit towards future classes
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the class start time and wait outside for the teacher to open the facility
- Bring personal items into the Garry Oak Room and refrain from using the foyer
- Participants will enter at the front doors and exit at the back door of the Garry Oak Room
- Please exit the building when the class ends to allow the instructor time to prepare space for next user
- Please arrive already dressed appropriately for the class, do not use the washrooms as change rooms
- Please bring your own water
- Please practice good hand washing hygiene
- Please practice physical distancing (2m).