.Covid Policy for FGCA Fitness and Wellness Programs (Subject to current Public Health Orders)
As of September 13, recreation program participants must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and by October 24 must be fully vaccinated (two doses) to access the programs/services listed under “required”. Proof of vaccination will be required before the first attended class.
- All indoor adult recreation programs regardless of intensity (12+yrs)
- All indoor adult sport activities including but not limited to badminton and basketball (12+yrs)
- All outdoor recreation programs
- All indoor children’s recreation programs (11 years and under)
Mask Wearing and Other Requirements
As per the updated provincial health order all people in BC 12 yrs. and older must wear masks in all indoor public spaces.
- Masks are not required while exercising however are required in “common areas of sport and fitness centres when not engaged in physical activity.” Masks are not required during sport.
- Participants must wear a mask while participating in non-sport and non-fitness related activities. These include, and are not limited to, pottery classes, music classes, and other non-exercise programs.
- Face shields are not an accepted substitute for a face mask.
Children between the ages of two and 12 are highly encouraged to wear masks. Children under two, and those that cannot put on or remove a mask without the assistance of others are exempt from the mask requirement.
- DO NOT come to class if you feel unwell or have any of the following symptoms: fever, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of smell or taste, chills, unexplained or unusual headache, unexplained fatigue/malaise
- Please bring your own water
- Please practice good hand washing hygiene
The FGCA will not be offering any drop-in recreation activities. All recreation programs will require registration and proof of vaccination.
Cleaning and Disinfecting of Facility
Frequently touched surfaces (those touched by larger numbers of people) are cleaned and disinfected at least 2 times per day
Practices are in place to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces when they are dirty.
To register for classes, please call 250-382-4604
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Walk-in registrations may also be paid during office hours with credit card, cash, cheque or debit.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration in order to confirm a space in the program.
- All programs are subject to change, and programs with insufficient registration are subject to cancellation. If a program does not have a minimum number of participants registered five working days prior to the program’s start date, the program may be cancelled and a full refund or credit will be issued.
- If after attending the first class you decide this course in not right for you, we are happy to issue a pro-rated refund. This request must be made before the start of the second class.
- For programs that are one lesson in length, refunds will only be issued for withdrawals made four (4) business days in advance of the course running.
- Refunds will generally not be issued for any programs that a participant withdraws from after the second class with the exception of classes missed due to illness related Covid 19 protocols. Special circumstances may be considered and may require a medical certificate.
Eligible recipients can apply for credits to be used towards recreation programs at the Fairfield Community Place through the LIFE program. See the City’s webpage for an application form, or come and pick one up at the Place.