The Health and Safety of everyone who visits the centre is our primary concern.
We are keeping a vigilant eye on updates from BC’s Ministry of Heath, Island Health and WorkSafeBC to be sure we are compliant with the latest health recommendations.
Masks ~ We are asking all visitors over 12 years old to wear masks while in the building.
Physical distancing ~We have room occupancy maximums posted in our rooms to allow for physical distancing
Hand hygiene ~ please wash/sanitize your hands upon arrival & throughout your time at the centre
Stay home if you are ill ~ please do not visit the centre if you have any symptoms of COVID-19
Program Safety Plans
In addition, all of our programs and services (recreation, events, rentals, volunteers, childcare, office team) have developed specific COVID-19 Safety Plans.
All areas have increased cleaning & custodial procedures as well as various strategies for limiting contact within our spaces.
Symptoms & healthcare
- Anyone who is concerned that they may have been exposed to, or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, should contact their health-care provider, or call 8-1-1.
- You can also call 1-888-COVID-19 or text 604-630-0300 for details, advice, and further information on the virus.
- COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
- COVID-19 self-assessment app, which includes details about where, when and how to be tested, can be downloaded here: https://bc.thrive.health/
- More information: BC Centre for Disease Control, Island Health.
- If you are experiencing stress, anxiety or depression, the Province has published a useful document to help you cope with these difficult moments.
- To learn where, when and how people with symptoms can be tested, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing
- For information on how returning travellers can submit self-isolation plans, visit: https://gov.bc.ca/returningtravellers