COVID-19 info & resources
Fairfield Community Place is closed to the public until further notice.
While the centre itself is closed, we are busy finding options that support community.
Contact us – email@example.com OR from 9am – 3pm you can call 250-661-8011.
FGCA Emergency Childcare
The FGCA has a limited number of childcare spaces. We received funding from the Rapid Relief Fund in order to provide this service.
If you are in need childcare, email our managers:
Preschool age, 3-5 years ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
School age children ~ email@example.com
FGCA Program Updates
Summer Camps – we will offer week long camps. Registration will take place near the second week of June, date to be determined.
Out of School Care – We will have OSC when elementary schools resume in June. Registration for Sept 2020 – will proceed as planned, information on our website.
Recreation Classes – spring sessions of all recreation classes have been suspended.
Facility Rentals – are being considered on a case by case basis, keeping current health recommendations in mind. Email place@fairfieldcommunity to inquire.
Refunds – We are working to process any COVID-19 related refunds for childcare programs, Spring session recreation classes or rentals in a timely manner.
See our How you can help your community page
See our Food Security page
See our Mental Health resources page
Some helpful links on the Government response
- Supports and information from the BC Government
- Support for individuals from the Government of Canada
- EI support benefit Justin Trudeau has unveiled new repackaging of EI support to help Canadians affected by coronavirus.
- Provincial update on support for renters BC is introducing a new temporary rental supplement, halting evictions and freezing rents, among other actions.
- A plain language resource for people in need of government support created by a Carleton University professor
- Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) for the latest on travel recommendations and social distancing, as well as support and resources from the provincial and federal government. You can also send a text to 604-630-0300.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca if you are a senior needing support, or if you’re a volunteer who is able to provide support.
- Visit the federal government’s webpage for information on federal support for individuals and businesses.
- For the provincial health officer’s orders, notices and guidance, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/phoguidance
- For information, including financial, child care and education supports, travel, transportation and essential service information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/covid19 Or call 1 888 COVID19 (1 888 268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Pacific time), seven days a week
Symptoms & healthcare
- Anyone who is concerned that they may have been exposed to, or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, should contact their health-care provider, or call 8-1-1.
- You can also call 1-888-COVID-19 or text 604-630-0300 for details, advice, and further information on the virus.
- COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
- COVID-19 self-assessment app, which includes details about where, when and how to be tested, can be downloaded here: https://bc.thrive.health/
- More information: BC Centre for Disease Control, Island Health.
- If you are experiencing stress, anxiety or depression, the Province has published a useful document to help you cope with these difficult moments.
- To learn where, when and how people with symptoms can be tested, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing
- For information on how returning travellers can submit self-isolation plans, visit: https://gov.bc.ca/returningtravellers