Fairfield Gonzales Community Association Town Hall
We hosted a Town Hall event on April 29, with panelists Police Chief Del Manak, Mayor Lisa Helps, Councillor Geoff Young, and Councillor Ben Isitt. Residents submitted about 60 questions, many of them with multiple parts. We were not able to get to every question but made sure to ask at least one in each category submitted. Thank you for sending in your questions and participating!
Watch the Town Hall video on youtube: https://youtu.be/sHzl-RX1_fw
Panelists shared the following information during the meeting for residents:
- Victoria’s plan to help businesses through the pandemic: Victoria 3.0 Recovery, Reinvention, Resilience 2020-2041 www.victoria.ca/prosperity
- Briefing note to council re Richardson bikeway April 6 2021
- Information re Fairfield Road traffic from City staff
- Link to where the neighbourhood boundaries discussion will be up May 10th: https://engage.victoria.ca/
- Info about joining Blockwatch:\https://vicpd.ca/working-together/protect-yourhome/#_blockwatch
- FGCA Board advocacy letters and reports https://fairfieldcommunity.ca/board-letters-and-reports/
Do you have feedback for us on the Town Hall? Email it to email@example.com .
Generally the first Monday of the month (unless it’s a holiday)
7:00–9:00 pm, 1330 Fairfield Rd.
2021: Jan 11, Feb 1, Mar 1, Apr 12, May 3, Jun 7, Jul 5, no meeting in August, Sep 13, Oct 4, Nov 1, Dec 6
We encourage residents to attend. If you wish to raise an issue of concern, Community Voices at the start of the meeting is the best time to start this discussion. Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the agenda by 4pm on the Thursday before the meeting. The Board will be able to accommodate a maximum of 3 speakers per meeting. Please keep statements and presentations brief (suggested time of 5 minutes). Items of a continuing nature will be directed to the appropriate committee.
Board meetings are taking place via zoom. The link for each meeting will be posted here by the Friday preceding each meeting.
April Board meeting link:
The April Board meeting will follow the Climate Presentation and General Meeting on Apr 12, 2021 on the same zoom link. The agenda is:
6:30pm City Climate Presentation
7:00pm General meeting
7:30pm Board meeting
Join Zoom Meeting by computer, tablet, or smartphone:
or phone: 778 907 2071
Meeting ID: 853 9736 1464
Board Meeting Minutes
(2019 August – no meeting)
(2018 August – no meeting)
2017 March minutes – pending
2017 February – meeting cancelled due to snow
(no meeting in March as we did not have quorum)
“Fairfielders care about Fairfield. They love their community and they respond.”