Good Food Box
The Good Food Box is a non-profit alternative fruit and vegetable distribution system. The focus is first on making good fresh food affordable and accessible, and second on providing locally grown food to participants. Anyone can order a box – the more people participate, the better the program becomes.
Pick-up every Wednesday, 3:00-6:00pm, at the FGCA, 1330 Fairfield Rd.
Order online (min 1week before) www.thegoodfoodbox.ca
or at Fernwood NRG,1240 Gladstone Ave. 250-381-1552 ext.100
News for 2017
- We are going weekly! Starting in February, we will be offering the Good Food Box every week. Wednesdays will now be a box pick up day and the order deadline for the following week. January is a transition month with the order schedule here.
- We are proud to launch the new Staples Box, featuring large volumes of carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, and select fruit. We designed it to be perfect for stocking the shelves with what you use most. The selection was informed by Good Food Box clients. The small box will no longer be offered.
- To maintain the sustainability of the Good Food Box now and into the future, we have had to implement a small price increase due to the rising cost of food. New pricing will begin in January 2017. We hope that the program is still accessible to all our customers and are open to any feedback you may have.
- Our goal for 2017 is to double the amount of island grown produce offered in our Good Food Boxes. Stay tuned for new volunteer opportunities and projects to reach this goal!
- 3 new pick-up locations are joining the program: Burnside Gorge Community Association, Esquimalt Neighbourhood House, and Olive the Senses in the Hudson Building.