Five Points Preschool
EXTERNAL REGISTRATION TICKETS (required to register on February 20th):: Pre-Registration Tickets
External Registration for the 2019/2020 School Year begins on Wednesday, February 20th @ 6:30pm. Internal Registration begins January 23rd- February 1st. For more detailed registration information please see the Registration section below.
For more information contact eyc@fairfieldcommunity or 250-382-4604 (ext. 107)
Ages 3-5 (3 years old by December of their registrant year)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9am – 12:00 p.m.
September to June
15 children, 1 Early Childhood Educator & 1 Early Childhood Educator Assistant
$200 per month (effective Sept. 2019) + $30 one time administration fee
Children must be able to toilet independently.
Eligible families may apply for government’s Affordable Child Care Benefit.
PHILOSOPHY & STAFF
Our Preschool philosophy is learning through play. Play provides children with opportunities to investigate, develop and practice skills. We encourage the preschoolers to explore, discover, create, socialize and have fun. We support this by offering choices within a framework, facilitating problem solving and encouraging curiosity.
The emphasis in our program is on process learning. We believe it is important to promote process learning as children are still trying things out. As well, young children are interested in ‘doing’ rather than producing a product. However, we do introduce some more ongoing projects, particularly creating memento items for special occasions.
Socialization is a huge part of our preschool. We methodically introduce and reinforce fundamental interpersonal skills that will assist children as they embark on their life journey.
“It takes a whole village to raise a child.” We actively promote community engagement in our classroom by including guest visitors, field trips and many program family parties to enhance the program and expand the village for our students.
INTERNAL (families currently enrolled in a registered program or attended a registered program during the 2017/2018 school year)
Internal families will have between Wednesday, January 23rd – Friday, February 1st to drop off their registration packages.
- Packages can be dropped off at the front desk or to the Preschool Manager
- Packages will be time stamped and spaces will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
EXTERNAL (families not currently enrolled in a registered programs)
Registration for families new to our program will take place on February 20, 2019 @ 6:30pm.
Prior to registration, families will need to acquire a Pre-Registration ticket.
- Tickets will be made available on Thursday, February 7 at 7:00pm
- The time in which you acquire a ticket will determine your space in the registration lin
- Tickets are free
- One ticket per family is permitted- even if you are registering multiple children.
Link to Pre-Registration Tickets:
- Families re-registering back in preschool
- Siblings of children currently registered in preschool
- Full-time staff who are registering their children
- Children who are currently registered in another FGCA registered childcare program
- Families who are returning to us whose children were registered in an FGCA program after September 2017
- Families new to our program
Registration Documents 2019/20 (next year)
Pre-Authorized Debit Form(PAD) (new families only, or if banking information has changed)
**PDF Forms can only be completed online if opened with Google Chrome
Registration 2018/19 (current year):
If required, please include: