Want to teach a class?
There are 2 ways to go if you would like to teach a class at our centre.
1/ You could rent space from us (see rates).
In this case you would be responsible for advertising, registration & taking payments.
2/ Or your class could be offered as one of our programs.
Where you appear in the Active Living Guide and on our website, we take registration & payment for you then we split the registration fees.
Before we can consider that direction, there are a few things instructors are required to provide:
- Current first aid
- Criminal record check (done in the last 6 months)
- Insurance (recommended when physical risk involved)
- Resume with references
- Relevant certification for their course
If you can meet these requirements then we will need your course proposal highlighting:
- What you are teaching (include a lesson plan if possible)
- A description of about 50 words that can be used in program guides
- Length of class
- Number of weeks
- Cost of course/student (consider that our instructor split is usually 70/30)
- Start date and time of day that you prefer to offer course
- The type of room you will need and maximum class size
- Any support/resources that we would need to supply
Programming happens for the Fall/Winter season at the end of May and for the Spring season in mid-December.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.