The mission of the Fairfield Gonzales Community Association is:
To create a connected, collaborative, inclusive, and sustainable community.
GENERAL MEETING FOR BYLAW CHANGES
AND DRAFT FAIRFIELD NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN PRESENTATION
Monday January 15, 6:30-9pm*
Fairfield Community Place, 1330 Fairfield Rd.
*Note new time for draft plan presentation: 6:30pm
Neighbourhood Plan presentation, 6:30pm: Prior to the meeting, we will host the City of Victoria Local Area Plan team, who will give a presentation on the draft Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan. The general meeting will begin after this approximately half hour presentation.
Bylaw changes, 7:30pm: The FGCA is hosting a general meeting of the members to vote on proposed changes to our bylaws. These changes will bring us up to date with the new BC Societies Act and will create some other changes in how we operate.
*Childminding is available for children 2 and over, please rsvp to email@example.com by January 10th to reserve your spot.
SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS FOR BYLAW CHANGES
The Board of Directors is asking the members to approve changes to our bylaws. For your reference, please see:
- FAQ for bylaw changes
- 2017 FCA bylaws – current version that is being replaced
- FGCA proposed new bylaws – the full document with no notes
- FGCA proposed new bylaws with notes which gives more detail about each section of the bylaws.
The Board has chosen to vote on the changes in 2 sections – membership, and everything else. This is because the most significant changes are in regards to membership.
The resolutions to be voted on will be:
1. Be it resolved by a special resolution that the current bylaws of the Fairfield Community Association of Victoria, excepting Section 2 – Membership and Section 3 – Termination of Membership be removed and replaced with the FGCA proposed new bylaws less Part 2 – Members.
2. Be it resolved by a special resolution that Section 2 – Membership and Section 3 – Termination of Membership of the current bylaws of the Fairfield Community Association of Victoria be removed and replaced with Part 2 – Members of the FGCA proposed new bylaws.